Baby must be less than 3 weeks old. Must weigh less than 8 1/2 pounds. Please call our office to schedule your appointment.
Please contact your insurance company to verify if a circumcision is covered. If you have IEHP/Medi-Cal or if your plan does not cover the procedure; we charge $200.
Before your Appointment
Instructions for the day of the procedure:
1. Stop feeding 2 hours prior to your appointment time.
2. Bring an extra blanket and diaper.
3. Be prepared to feed baby after the procedure.
1. You may give Tylenol after the procedure up to every 4-6 hours. Measure it very carefully and use it sparingly. (call office for the correct dose).
2. After 24 hours gently remove the Vaseline gauze surrounding the penis. (If it hasn't fallen off already.)
3. After the gauze is removed, place Vaseline ointment on the penis every time you change the diaper.
4. If there is oozing of blood, call us at (951) 686-8223. If it is after hours, go to the ER.
5. Do not use a wipes to clean it. Wipes will burn, If by chance the penis needs to be cleaned, use a soft cloth with warm water to clean it.
6. Please follow up in 4 days.
You may come back in 24 hours to have doctor remove the Vaseline gauze for you. Please call the office to schedule an appointment.